- This event has passed.
Oolite Open PRINTshop Lab
March 31 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, repeating until September 30, 2023
The PRINTshop provides a wide variety of printmaking mediums such as; Relief Printing, Silk Screen, Lithograph, Drypoint Etching, Monotype. Artists utilizing our shop will have access to a Charles Brand etching press, brayers, general tools, cleaners, drying rack, silkscreen darkroom with exposure unit, stretched screens, etc.
Prior printmaking experience is required. Before using the facility you will need to have attended one of the Printmaking classes offered at the Oolite PRINTshop, or have taken a professional level printmaking course within the past 6 months. An orientation session can be arranged for those individuals with prior experience but who have never used our facilities before. Download Authorization Form
All registrants are required to follow the COVID safety precautions put in place by Oolite Arts and agree to all the terms in the waiver.
For Dates and Times to use the PRINTshop check the Calendar Below.
Capacity 4 people. You can book your spot by contacting the monitor at email@example.com.
Please be conscious of the time it takes to set-up and clean-up after your project. This time must be accounted for in the Open Hours that you reserve.
Reservations will be charged in advance in order to hold your time slot for Open Studio Hours. Cancellations and/or rescheduling must take place at least 24 hours in advance or you will forfeit your payment.
Materials in the PrintShop include:
- 24 stretched screens for silkscreen printing: 22” x 24” screens
- Full palette of professional grade Spectrachem textile screenprinting inks.
- Paper screenprinting inks – ideal for posters, and fine art prints.
- Bright liquid dyes and dye-printing chemicals great for natural fabric dyeing and textile printing.
- Zinc Lithograph Plate ( $15 for one 15”x18” plate) Plus Gum Arabic, TAPEM Gum solution, Lithotine, asphaltum, Lithograph ink, etc.
- Charles Brand Printing Press (bed size = 28” x 50”)
- Brayers and Block-printing Ink.
- Etching needles and burnishers.
- Plexiglass in various sizes for monoprinting.
- Ryonet Professional Exposure Unit (36” x 50”)
- Squeegees, spatulas, color mixing tools for Screenprinting.