The Miami Beach Cultural Arts Grant Program was originally created in 1998 as an essential component of the mission of the Miami Beach Cultural Arts Council, which is to develop, coordinate, and promote the arts in the City of Miami Beach community. Since the program’s inception, the City of Miami Beach Mayor and Commission and the Cultural Arts Council have awarded approximately $20 million in cultural arts grants, supporting thousands of performances, exhibits, and other cultural activities in Miami Beach. The grants program is managed by professional staff from the City of Miami Beach’s Department of Tourism and Culture division of Cultural Affairs.
The Cultural Arts Grant Program has two separate application phases: (1) Intent to Apply (Pre-Application) and (2) FY 23/24 Full Application for Cultural Anchors and Cultural Presenters.
For more information visit our Grant Application Portal
Fiscal Year 2023/2024 Timeline
- FY 23/24 Intent to Apply (Pre-application) available online: January 16, 2023
- FY 23/24 Intent to Apply submission deadline: January 27, 2023 - 5:00 PM
- FY 23/24 Full application available online: February 1, 2023
- FY 23/24 Full application submission deadline: February 15, 2023 - 5:00 PM
- FY 23/24 Full application correction period: February 20, 2023 – February 24, 2023
- FY 23/24 Full application re-submission deadline (corrections only): February 24, 2023 - 5:00 PM
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meeting for Cultural Anchors: March 30, 2023 - 10:00 AM- Noon
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meeting for Cultural Presenters Group 1: May 4, 2023 - 10:00 AM
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meeting for Cultural Presenters Group 2: June 1, 2023 - 10:00 AM
- Cultural Affairs Council meeting to approve grant funding for FY 23/24: July 6, 2023
- City Commission Budget Meeting: End of September 2023
- Mandatory Grant workshop for FY 23/24 funding: September 2023
- FY 23/24 Final Reports Due: October 2024
Note: The City of Miami Beach Department of Tourism and Culture, Division of Cultural Affairs reserves the right to make changes in meetings dates and times as deemed necessary.