The Miami Beach Cultural Arts Grant Program was originally created in 1998 as an essential component of the mission of the Miami Beach Cultural Arts Council, which is to develop, coordinate, and promote the arts in the City of Miami Beach community. Since the program’s inception, the City of Miami Beach Mayor and Commission and the Cultural Arts Council have awarded approximately $20 million in cultural arts grants, supporting thousands of performances, exhibits, and other cultural activities in Miami Beach. The grants program is managed by professional staff from the City of Miami Beach’s Department of Tourism and Culture division of Cultural Affairs.
The Cultural Arts Grant Program has two separate application phases: (1) Intent to Apply (Pre-Application) and (2) FY 22/23 Full Application for Cultural Anchors and Cultural Presenters.
For more information visit our Grant Application Portal
Fiscal Year 2022/2023 Timeline
- FY 22/23 Intent to Apply (Pre-application) available online: January 17, 2022
- FY 22/23 Intent to Apply submission deadline: January 28, 2022, 5:00 PM
- FY 22/23 Full application available online: January 31, 2022
- FY 22/23 Full application submission deadline: February 18, 2022, 5:00 PM
- FY 22/23 Full application correction period: February 21, 2022 – March 4, 2022
- FY 22/23 Full application re-submission deadline (corrections only): March 11, 2022, 5:00 pm
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meeting for Cultural Anchors: April 7, 2022, 10:00 AM- Noon
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meeting for Cultural Presenters Group 1: May 5, 2022, 10:00 AM
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meeting for Cultural Presenters Group 2: June 2, 2022, 10:00 AM
- Cultural Affairs Council meeting to approve grant funding for FY 22/23: July 7, 2022
- City Commission Budget Meeting: End of September 2022
- Mandatory Grant workshop for FY 22/23 funding: TBA (October 2022)
- FY 22/23 Final Reports Due: October 15, 2023
The FY 22/23 Grant Application Upload Documents are noted as follows:
Pursuant to City Resolution No. 2018-30552, if applicable, Grantee is required to have 51% or more of its board membership complete the City’s training program for board members of non-profit agencies, who must have completed such training program within the last three years prior to Grantee receiving City funds pursuant to this Agreement. Board training is required for agencies that have an annual operating budget of less than $5 million and receive $25,000 or more in funding from the City. Prior to the release of the first Grant payment to the Grantee pursuant to this Agreement, Grantee shall submit a copy of the certificate of completion for each board member that has completed the training program prior to the contract submission deadline set forth in Article I.
For more information, including a full training video, visit: https://www.miamibeachfl.gov/city-hall/tourism-culture-and-economic-development/city-of-miami-beach-cultural-affairs-program/