The Miami Beach Cultural Arts Grant Program was originally created in 1998 as an essential component of the mission of the Miami Beach Cultural Arts Council, which is to develop, coordinate, and promote the arts in the City of Miami Beach community. Since the program’s inception, the City of Miami Beach Mayor and Commission and the Cultural Arts Council have awarded approximately $18 million in cultural arts grants, supporting thousands of performances, exhibits, and other cultural activities in Miami Beach. The grants program is managed by professional staff from the City of Miami Beach’s Department of Tourism and Culture division of Cultural Affairs.
The Cultural Arts Grant Program has two separate application phases: (1) Intent to Apply (Pre-Application) and (2) FY 20/21 Full Application for Cultural Anchors and Cultural Presenters.
For more information visit our Grant Application Portal
2021-2022 Grant Timeline
- FY 21/22 Intent to Apply (Pre-application) available online: January 11, 2021
- FY 21/22 Intent to Apply submission deadline: January 29, 2021, 5:00 pm
- FY 21/22 Full application available online: February 1, 2021
- FY 21/22 Full application submission deadline: February 19, 2021, 5:00 pm
- FY 21/22 Full application correction period: February 19, 2021 – March 5, 2021
- FY 21/22 Full application re-submission deadline (corrections only): March 12, 2021, 5:00 pm
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meeting for Cultural Anchors: April 1, 2021, 10:00 am- Noon
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meeting for Cultural Presenters Group 1: May 6, 2021, 10:00 am
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meeting for Cultural Presenters Group 2: June 3, 2021, 10:00 am
- Cultural Affairs Council meeting to approve grant funding for FY 21/22: July 8, 2021
- City Commission Budget Meeting: End of September 2021
- Mandatory Grant workshop for FY 21/22 funding: TBA
- FY 21/22 Final Reports Due: October 15, 2022
Note: The City of Miami Beach Department of Tourism and Culture, Division of Cultural Affairs reserves the right to make changes in meetings dates and times as deemed necessary.
- FY 21/22 Guidelines for Cultural Anchors
- FY 21/22 Guidelines for Cultural Presenters
- Click Here for FY 21/22 Grant Application
- Click Here for FY 21/22 Executive Summary for Grant Application
Pursuant to City Resolution No. 2018-30552, if applicable, Grantee is required to have 51% or more of its board membership complete the City’s training program for board members of non-profit agencies, who must have completed such training program within the last three years prior to Grantee receiving City funds pursuant to this Agreement. Board training is required for agencies that have an annual operating budget of less than $5 million and receive $25,000 or more in funding from the City. Prior to the release of the first Grant payment to the Grantee pursuant to this Agreement, Grantee shall submit a copy of the certificate of completion for each board member that has completed the training program prior to the contract submission deadline set forth in Article I.
For more information, including a full training video, visit: https://www.miamibeachfl.gov/city-hall/tourism-culture-and-economic-development/city-of-miami-beach-cultural-affairs-program/
For More Information Please Contact
Julio E. Rodriguez - Cultural Affairs Grants and Operations Administrator
Tourism and Culture Department
1755 Meridian Avenue, 5th Floor, Suite 500
Miami Beach, FL 33139